when buying from apple.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GeorgeD, Aug 16, 2007.

1. GeorgeD macrumors member

when buying from apple.com, upon arrival do you have to sign for a purchase when it is received? I want to buy a MBP but I want it to be safe when it gets here, does anyone know about the security of buying from apple.com?

thanks in advance for any advice.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

apple ships via fed-ex, and you're required to sign for it upon delivery. there are workarounds to this, though, if you're interested. if you're concerned about security, why not go to an apple store and buy one in person?

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, you have to nominate who'll sign for it unless you say that it's okay for anyone to sign (delivery to a business, for example). :)

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

yes you have to sign...but you can get around it. On the Apple website there is a link to FedEx release form. Print and fill the form out and put it at your front door and they were leave your package there even if you are not home. I used it for my iBook in 2005.

5. GeorgeD thread starter macrumors member

i would like to buy in store but the apple stores dont do hard drive upgrades and I would need a MBP with a 160 gb hd

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

On the site they have the release form, fill it out and you are all good. Trust me!!.....unless it changed recently...wait not..look what I found!!