When buying used iphone...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mindyish, Sep 9, 2011.

1. mindyish macrumors member

I am looking to buy a used iphone and have been looking around on ebay and craigslist and yes some are obviously scams. My question is, what should I look out for and what questions do I need to ask first off.

I have been asking what firmware its on and if ever jailbroken, is it up and running right now, stuff like that.

A few people told me it was stuck in recovery or their pics showed the itunes usb screen. Should I stay far away from those or can that be fixed?

So basically, would it be a horrible idea to ever buy an iphone that is in recovery mode?

If so, also what would YOU ask and need to know before purchasing an iphone fropm craigslist?

2. iG0tB00ts macrumors newbie

There is a way to fix the recovery mode, by restoring the iPhone/iPod. But theres always the risk that there might be something ELSE wrong, with it. On craigslist you can atleast meetup with the guy and check out the iPhone/iPod. I'd recommend craigslist. Ask him if the offer is still. :)