When can I expect an iphone4 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saan1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. saan1 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys..
    This is my first post here.. So forgive me if I'm not following any particular rules.. I called up an Apple retail store today and have reserved an iphone 4.. They said they are currently out of stock and would notify me through email as to when I can pick one. Hoping that the mad rush is over, can any of guys who have been thru this in this or the previous week let me know how long the wait period would be ?? I definitely hope it won't be more than 3 weeks (the ship date if i order online).. Thanks :)

2. Ryanm93 macrumors member

Most stores receive stock every week with some high demand products often more than once a week to meet demand so you shouldn't have to wait for much more than a week.
    I had to wait 5 weeks for my iPhone 4 so just count yourself lucky :)

3. Espo macrumors 6502

Some people have been receiving them quicker through AT&T, however I would refrain from dealing with them....

Best bet is to call your Apple store and see if any are available and how quickly they sell when they receive shipment. I dont know if any have received shipments, not saying they didn't but if they did then why would people wait 3 weeks through Apple Online?

4. saan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh nice.. I'd definitely be very happy if I could get it in a week..

5. saan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah.. I've also been thinking about that.. I guess the retail stores will have a higher preference when compared to individual customers who order online, just because the shipment to stores can happen on a routine basis.. whereas shipping to a individual customer needs more efforts..

6. OsloBergen macrumors member

5 weeks? What day are you counting from?

7. balzmcfearson macrumors regular

balzmcfearson

I reserved a 16 on 6/30 @ the 5th ave store in NYC.

still nothing...

8. saan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

tht doesn't sound good.. So no chances of getting it within a week I guess.. Would I have any luck if I just walk in to a store and get an iphone (considering someone who had reserved didn't turn up?? ).. The problem is the retail stores are located about 1 hour from my place.. :(

9. brayhite macrumors 6502a

He set his clock ahead to get the iOS 4.0.1 update for his iPhone he assumed he'll have then.

Or is that thread not funny anymore?

10. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

November 23, 2010.

I figure that there is a good chance that Hell will freeze over that day.

Hell, Pennsylvania that is.:D

I really don't know because I don't know where you live or the supply at the various stores that are carrying the iPhone 4 in your area. I do know that it will be a lot sooner than my little joke above.

Good luck, it is worth the wait.

11. saan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm based in Akron, OH.. There are 2 apple stores abt an hour away from here.. Legacy Village and at Crocker Park.. I have reserved an iphone4 at both the stores.. so that I can cancel at one place when i get it from the other..

12. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

I ordered through AT&T online. Took about a week to ship.

Apple store pre-orders are taking about that much time to fulfill here in San Diego. YMMV at other retail locations.

13. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

the issue is that since day 2 people have been going in or calling apple stores looking for stock. They tell them they dont have any and they started this reserve list. Now, they are getting phones in almost everyday but what they get in covers some of the reserves. So, yes they are getting phones in everyday but they are already spoken for and they dont have any for walk in people.

14. saan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I even tried ordering through AT&T website.. I wasn't sure if I click the "checkout" button, it would take me to payment page or submit my order (coz i want to know when they would ship it before i could submit my order)..

15. atr1 macrumors newbie

never had problem with att...

I know many complain about att, but I've never had a problem with them and this is my 5th iphone. Ordered late Wednesday afternoon, just received tracking info I will get Monday... I'd go att if I were you! HTH

16. saan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to my local AT&T store and enquired abt the availability.. the sales rep told me that if i place an order I might receive it in 2-3 days.. or at the max within a week.. tht seems to be the scenario in that store it seems.. So I've placed an order for a 16GB iphone 4.. so lets see wat happens..