When Can I Expect The New Macbook Come Out?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by eriotouwa, May 5, 2011.

1. eriotouwa macrumors newbie

eriotouwa

The Ipad 2 and very recently IMac have just release.

I'm reading the buyer's guide page here and it said don't buy the Macbook for now because there will be an update soon.

I do understand just like Iphone, Apple always release a new hardware with the same price of old lower spec hardware.

But I'm in need of the Macbook for an Iphone app development and I want to see wheter I just get the Macbook air now or wait for the white Macbook with higher spec at the same price.

What do you guys think?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

reports are indicating that the remaining lineup of macs will be refreshed within the next couple months.

3. aleXXXps macrumors member

They better not, I just bought mine 3 days ago!

4. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

The macbook should be updating soon but I personally would rather develop on a macbook air rather than a macbook. Only problem depending on how much code you have to write is the small screen with the entry level macbook air.

The reason I would rather develop on a macbook air is simply because it runs mundane tasks at a much higher speed than the macbook. I would assume you are going to use xcode which does not take much cpu power but it does take a use a significant amount of Hard drive usage.

If you do get an air make sure to buy the 4GB of ram as it is not user upgradable.

5. eriotouwa thread starter macrumors newbie

eriotouwa

Not knowing when is that "next couple months" is very painful... :(

You should've read the buyer's guide page first.

This will be my first MAC too.

I agree with the small screen.
    Even though I'm always "on the go" but small screen will not be so convenient.

After re-thinking my decision I end up ordering a Macbook Pro instead, the cheapest I can get plus I'm eligible for Education discount since I'm a university student. :D