When can I just walk into ATT and buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troop231, Jun 20, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

A new iPhone after the launch mess is sorted out and stocks will just be there? I'm guessin after July 14th.

2. Stein357 macrumors 6502

I remember when the iPhone 3G came out supplies were low for about a month after release. The iPhone 4 seems to be the most popular one yet, and it sounds like Apple didn't anticipate this much demand. We could be in for a long summer.

3. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

4. asl06 macrumors member

Are you not camping out any more man? My guess would be July 20th.:cool:

5. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Nah, I need another paycheck first.

6. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

I think it will be way after july 14. I am comparing this launch to the 3g launch since it was a design change and brought 3G, something everyone wanted, I think it reflects todays climate better then the 3gs launch does. with that said, I think this is going to be much worse because it seems the iphone is soooo much more popular now than it was then.

the 3g launch I was unable to obtain one on launch day/ i was then thrown into this awful game of calling to see if they had any "no", "no", "no", "yes we do, but there is a line and they are all spoken for already"

I remember 6 weeks after launch there were still long lines forming whenever stock would come in and they would be sold out again within 3-4 hours.

And if you compare it more recently to the iPad launch, they still don't have abundant stock levels in stores yet. I know they have some but not strong enough to be able to walk in anytime and be confident they would have one for you and its been 2 1/2 months. I think it will be closer to begining or middle of septemebr before this begins to calm down.

7. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

they wont have stock until after the whole world has been released. I think October may be close.

8. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

October sucks, might as well wait for the 5th iPhone :mad:

9. aneftp macrumors 601

You need to get it as soon as you can to get the upgrade eligibility clock rolling.

If you get the phone in June you will be eligible for another upgrade in 12-18-20 months. But if the stick supply is low and you have to wait till sept than this ouches your upgrade cycle back further.

Att may not be as nice next year and won't move peoples eligibility up 6 months again.

That being said, just pre order it. If it's anything like the 2008 3G mess, we are talking middle of August for in store availability. Especially with the white manufacturing problems.

10. Mr Bigs macrumors 6502a

Mr Bigs

I also think around Sep/Oct and then Christmas will be a mess too.

11. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I cant pre-order it since they don't take deposits online :( And in store is a mess and takes at least an hour after the retarded signing in ATT does.

12. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

I am hoping to walk into my ATT store Thursday morning and get one. i live in a smaller area and last year there was only 6 of us at a store with 30+ 3GS's. Since ATT stopped preorders idk if they will send stock to random stores for walk ins.

13. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

Excellent! Where do you live?