Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
When will my upgrade status reset after I cancel a pre-order on Apple.com? I'm going to get the 6 instead and was wondering how long does it take. Apple hasn't charged me as I'm in the Oct13-Oct20 window.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Seriously, anyone have any experience with this? AT&T doesn't seem to have the fastest systems so wondering if it is a matter of hours, days, weeks? Do I need to call first?

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Seriously, anyone have any experience with this? AT&T doesn't seem to have the fastest systems so wondering if it is a matter of hours, days, weeks? Do I need to call first?

jesus man, it can vary. some say 5 minutes, some say hours. there's no blanket answer.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Minutes. But I ordered a 6+ on att and reorderd on apple for a 128 instead of 64.

Well that might have been because ATT was so busy they had not updated your eligibility and do when you ordered on Apple, as far as they knew you were still eligible. Now that everything is reconciled and caught up, not clear if the process is instantaneous.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Well that might have been because ATT was so busy they had not updated your eligibility and do when you ordered on Apple, as far as they knew you were still eligible. Now that everything is reconciled and caught up, not clear if the process is instantaneous.

Well if you're going to reject people's experiences after asking for input, maybe you'd be better off asking AT&T directly.

RByers8252

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014

Wrong. I ordered two iphone 6+ 64gbs through att on the 12th at midnight. On the 14th I decided I wanted a 128 and the lady want a 6. Both lines had the upgrade eligibility removed on my account. Called and after a 10 minute wait both were canceled and as soon as I got off the phone, took a vape, and loaded my account both were eligible for upgrade and I went to the apple store app and placed a new order.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
That's great. So if I see some 6 stock will cancel my 6+ and reserve. Wish id done it before the 7 day delay but thought att would take a while to return my eligibility

----------

Wrong. I ordered two iphone 6+ 64gbs through att on the 12th at midnight. On the 14th I decided I wanted a 128 and the lady want a 6. Both lines had the upgrade eligibility removed on my account. Called and after a 10 minute wait both were canceled and as soon as I got off the phone, took a vape, and loaded my account both were eligible for upgrade and I went to the apple store app and placed a new order.

Ok but I'm canceling an order on apple.com. I hope it is as fast as your experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.