When can I purchase the new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nd1993, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Nd1993 macrumors newbie

I have been waiting for way too long to replace my 2007 black MacBook, and I can't wait to buy the new MacBook Pro next week.

My question is this: If they announce it on Monday, when will I be able to walk into an Apple store and buy one? I tried calling them to ask, but the employee was no help.

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When apple adds it to the store.

That can be during WWDC, that can be a week later, or later in the month.

No one really knows. They'll communicate the availability of during the keynote. Until then relax and enjoy the wait :)

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I would guess they probably won't be in the store the same day, maybe a day or two after the announcement. They'll probably be available online the same day.

4. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

What new MBP? Until they announce it, you can order the newest MBP on apple.com

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

This one:

[​IMG]

6. TheHoff macrumors 6502

I've purchased two unibodies in store on the day of announcement (original and early 2011). It certainly is possible they are available the same day.

7. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

It wouldn't shock me if there is same day availability. Unlike iPhones or iPads, the physical distribution points for Macs are limited (at least in the US) to Apple stores and some Apple managed Best Buy locations. With Apple in control of the distribution chain it's not unrealistic to think they could have these ready the day of the announcement.