when can i setup AirPort Express on touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by petererr, Dec 9, 2008.

1. petererr macrumors member

petererr

when can i setup AirPort Express on touch or iphone

waiting for this all day long

any news about it ?

2. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Why can't you? All you need to do it buy it then use Download remote from the app store.

3. petererr thread starter macrumors member

petererr

Are u sure?

waht i mean is when i travel to a new place only with my airport express and touch, i can run AirPort Express utility on my touch to get the wifi work.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you set it up initially through Mac OS or Windows, it will retain those settings when you plug it in elsewhere. There's no need to set it up each and every time. The Remote app has absolutely nothing to do with this.

5. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Sorry I was just stating that the Remote app CAN be used with it.

6. GoSUV macrumors member

You don't setup Airport Express in the iPod Touch. I'm assuming you mean setting up a wireless network in the 802.11b/g/n variety (WiFi). You do that on your computer, a PC or Mac. An Airport Express is a wireless router that allows other computers, smartphones, iPhone and iPod Touch to join the wireless network. If the wireless network has an internet connection, you can browse the web using those devices.

You setup your iPod Touch to join a particular WiFi, including the one you may have at home, and other WiFi hotspots such as coffee shops, hotels, airports, shopping malls etc. This is done through the Settings->Wi-Fi screen on your iPod Touch and you just pick and choose a specific network you wish to join. Some public WiFi networks are free and don't require a password, but most others do. Even for those that don't need a password, when you try to browse the web, you may be first presented with a page requesting you to signin or pay ($$$).

Hope this helps.