Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
yankeefan24 said:
That's in AU$

In USD, it was $129 for single, $89 (?) for EDU, and $199 for Family.

Yeah but Vic's an Aussie so there was no point quoting US$.

I've made up my mind to stop quoting US$ from now on - it's too annoying to have to convert back and forth. Any monetary amount I quote from now on will be in units of the good ol' Pacific Peso - the Aussie Dollar.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
At the absolute latest...
January 8, 2007 - Macworld Expo (Day 1)

There isn't a chance that people will buy new Macs after Macworld if they will have to shell out for Leopard a few weeks later.

Plus, the 8th will get them out before the current consumer avaliability target date for Windows Vista of Tuesday, January 16, 2007.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I can't remember the last time Steve announced the shipping date for a new version of OSX at MW-SF, but it does seem likely this time around. They'll have about six months to go from the developer's prerelease to the shipping version, which seems about right.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
Plus, they definitely want to be out before Vista.
It is not like they are direct competetors, but if one can get the latest, greatest OS by buying a PC vs. a Mac, then things will not fair well for Mac sales. Plus, if I am in the market to buy a new computer with all that christmas money, then I would not like to buy something that will be outdated in 2 weeks and I will need to put another $150 a few days later.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
October 5th sounds good, but I think that they might worry about having to start a trend then (exactly 366 days away every release until they move up to OS 11).

Somehow, I think that they will want before Christmas for the additional sales, but MacWorld seems likely too.

I guess it all comes down to see what Microsoft does. If they push back yet again, then it will probably be MacWorld. If they do not push back, then possibly by the end of this year to beat them out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.