When can we expect OS update?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Apr 29, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Having had the watch for five days, the bugginess is beginning to irritate me.

Apple makes a big play about how their products "just work". Well, this one doesn't. Top of today's irritation list are glances: they don't reliably update. Sometimes there's a note to say when they last updated; mostly there isn't. There's no way to know how reliable the information they're giving you is. With things like the Pedometer app I use, it's obvious it's not updating if the figure never changes.

I spent literally an hour this afternoon trying to get the Trainline app to work. Installing, reinstalling, restarting both phone and watch. No luck. Just black screens.

This is a £500 watch. I expect it to work. Or at least for bugs to be picked up quickly and fixed.

2. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

i would say maybe in june? after wwdc. i'm expecting some type of watch OS 1.1 announcement then.

3. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

It's a 1.0 product. If you wanted something that works perfectly, you should have waited a year or two. It doesn't matter how much you beta test - you ALWAYS find more bugs out in the wild than you ever can with a small group of testers.

There will likely be a .1 update soon - possibly in time for the WWDC in June (I'd imagine they'd want to reveal some new API's by then).

4. susan12369 macrumors 6502

Since there are still people who pre-ordered who have not received their watches, I'm fine waiting until June or whatever for any iOS updates.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

We could get a 1.1 or 1.01 bug crusher soon (whatever soon is:D).

6. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

i thought i had read somewhere that they where planning to release a update that improves performance issues that reviewers gave the device.

7. Medicman67 macrumors regular

It's a 1.0 product! #. This watch has bugs no doubt about that. But just giving this watch a pass just because it's made by Apple is ludicrous. The bugs many people are experiencing are basic functions. If you bought a microwave and it cooked your food most of the time you would return it promptly. I think If Apple crapped a turd and called it a launch some people would buy it. And then try to convince other people how good it smells. #

8. Kirtaner macrumors member

If you think this is bad you should go check out the state of every big budget video game release the last couple years. You haven't seen ****.

9. shenfrey macrumors 68000

When can we expect OS update?

This. I'm imaging them announcing an update along with the SDK this June at WWDC.

10. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Or actually be a beta tester. People have no idea how bad they can be!!!

11. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

We can expect it pretty soon after Apple releases it on their servers :apple:

12. Phillybizzle macrumors regular

Hopefully very soon. It's a bit embarrassing showing friends the watch when nothing works.

13. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

Look everyone is right. It's a 1.0 product. If you are unhappy with it, the. Return it. I got it knowing that it wouldn't be perfect. All the issues are software related. Wait until WWDC.