Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hufflematt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2015
UK
Having had the watch for five days, the bugginess is beginning to irritate me.

Apple makes a big play about how their products "just work". Well, this one doesn't. Top of today's irritation list are glances: they don't reliably update. Sometimes there's a note to say when they last updated; mostly there isn't. There's no way to know how reliable the information they're giving you is. With things like the Pedometer app I use, it's obvious it's not updating if the figure never changes.

I spent literally an hour this afternoon trying to get the Trainline app to work. Installing, reinstalling, restarting both phone and watch. No luck. Just black screens.

This is a £500 watch. I expect it to work. Or at least for bugs to be picked up quickly and fixed.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i would say maybe in june? after wwdc. i'm expecting some type of watch OS 1.1 announcement then.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada

Apple makes a big play about how their products "just work". Well, this one doesn't. Top of today's irritation list are glances: they don't reliably update. Sometimes there's a note to say when they last updated; mostly there isn't. There's no way to know how reliable the information they're giving you is. With things like the Pedometer app I use, it's obvious it's not updating if the figure never changes.

I spent literally an hour this afternoon trying to get the Trainline app to work. Installing, reinstalling, restarting both phone and watch. No luck. Just black screens.

This is a £500 watch. I expect it to work. Or at least for bugs to be picked up quickly and fixed.

It's a 1.0 product. If you wanted something that works perfectly, you should have waited a year or two. It doesn't matter how much you beta test - you ALWAYS find more bugs out in the wild than you ever can with a small group of testers.

There will likely be a .1 update soon - possibly in time for the WWDC in June (I'd imagine they'd want to reveal some new API's by then).

susan12369

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2015
Since there are still people who pre-ordered who have not received their watches, I'm fine waiting until June or whatever for any iOS updates.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i thought i had read somewhere that they where planning to release a update that improves performance issues that reviewers gave the device.

Medicman67

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
It's a 1.0 product. If you wanted something that works perfectly, you should have waited a year or two. It doesn't matter how much you beta test - you ALWAYS find more bugs out in the wild than you ever can with a small group of testers.

There will likely be a .1 update soon - possibly in time for the WWDC in June (I'd imagine they'd want to reveal some new API's by then).

It's a 1.0 product! #. This watch has bugs no doubt about that. But just giving this watch a pass just because it's made by Apple is ludicrous. The bugs many people are experiencing are basic functions. If you bought a microwave and it cooked your food most of the time you would return it promptly. I think If Apple crapped a turd and called it a launch some people would buy it. And then try to convince other people how good it smells. #

Kirtaner

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Toronto, ON
It's a 1.0 product! ��. This watch has bugs no doubt about that. But just giving this watch a pass just because it's made by Apple is ludicrous. The bugs many people are experiencing are basic functions. If you bought a microwave and it cooked your food most of the time you would return it promptly. I think If Apple crapped a turd and called it a launch some people would buy it. And then try to convince other people how good it smells. ��

If you think this is bad you should go check out the state of every big budget video game release the last couple years. You haven't seen ****.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
When can we expect OS update?

Since there are still people who pre-ordered who have not received their watches, I'm fine waiting until June or whatever for any iOS updates.

This. I'm imaging them announcing an update along with the SDK this June at WWDC.

dthmtlgod

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2007
Syracuse, NY

We can expect it pretty soon after Apple releases it on their servers :apple:

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013

Look everyone is right. It's a 1.0 product. If you are unhappy with it, the. Return it. I got it knowing that it wouldn't be perfect. All the issues are software related. Wait until WWDC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.