When can we see an itouch nano?????!???111??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by squeeks, Sep 20, 2007.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

just kidding i dont want one.

but since i went through the trouble to make this thread is there anyone out there who might be intrested in it?

maybe same casing as current nano but full touch screen?

2. onionperson654 macrumors regular

onionperson654

I think that it's important to distinguish that it wouldn't be an ipod nano touch (or whatever), but really just an ipod nano. The key would be a smaller size, or larger screen, but in either case, it would take up the entire device (imagine a cut in half current ipod nano).

The problem would be that on such as small screen your finger would block a substantial part while browsing music. On the other hand, while jogging (etc.) flicking through your music would vastly improve the user experience.

I think with the size the way it is (can't get much smaller, though, while have a screen and a touchwheel) it will be a while before a touchscreen and smaller size (although I could see a wide version, sort of opposite of 2g nano) make it a do-er. Plus, with the amazing profit margins on the current nanos, and the nanos being the "cheap" ipods (i.e. must have a $149 or less model) I don't see Apple taking the profit hit.

3. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah i dont really think a touch device can get much smaller than this, its hard enough typing on this thing