When can we try the watch in store?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gusping, Mar 15, 2015.

1. gusping macrumors 6502

Hi,

Is the watch available to try on in store on the 10th or 24th of April?

Thanks

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

3. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Am I correct in saying that Tim Cook said that during the event? I thought he did but wasn't sure.

4. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yea he did say that at the last keynote. I'm hoping we will be able to reserve one for pick up and trying on for launch date onwards

5. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome! I'm torn between the Sport and SS model so wanted to try them on.

6. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I think its just a shame that you wont be able to try one on *before* you pre-order

the process is more likely to be

Go to store, try several on, find the one you like, go to pre-order and find they are sold out.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Just do how I usually do! Order the ones that you want then return the one you end up not getting.

8. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I plan on pre-ordering the two that I want and then once I've tried them on, I'll cancel one of the pre-orders.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

I'm guessing that won't be the case here. I think Apple wants to avoid that issue. They want people to be able to try on the watches, pick one out, and then order the one they want. If it "sells out" in minutes that won't be possible.

10. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I also doubt that the watches will sell out in minutes. There is also 14 days between pre-order and launch. If you get your pre-order in there might be a day or two where they are sorting out the global preorders and the delivery where they don't guaranty delivery. But I bet it gets sorted. Remember they had fully functional versions of the watch that looked great nearly six months ago. I don't know when they went into real large scale production, but I think they've had time to stockpile product.

And the price point on this watch means that this is not initially going to sell in the millions. At least I don't think it will. Millions of people won't preorder without seeing this in person. And millions of people can't make it to an apple store on April 10.

Now if there is a line outside stores starting a few days before for people to get to see the watch on April 10, then I think we can safely say that those Apple fans have gone a little crazy. But I guess someone is going to lineup outside the 5th Avenue store in early April and expect to get on TV, which will probably work. Oh well.

11. Dave245 macrumors 601

I hope your right, I plan on picking up a SS model on the 25th April because I can't make it on launch day. I don't know how here in the UK is going to respond to the :apple: Watch so I'm hoping they don't sell out before I get mine.