When can you save an shsh blob?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by doodude, Sep 23, 2010.

1. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

Ive tried to find this answer in the forum but if its there I just didnt understand it...

I just bought a new iP4 today & the FW is 4.1

I tried to use Tiny Umbrella to save the shsh blob but after trying I got a msg stating this "phone was ineligible."

What does that mean exactly? Do I have to wait for the 4.1 jailbreak to actually come out before I can save an shsh blob?
    Is it just that TinyU just isnt updated for FW 4.1?
    Once the jailbreak does come out would it be better to save the shsh blob on Cydia? Is that the only way? :confused:

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You can only save the shsh for 4.1 in your situation. Make sure you have the most recent version of the program. One of the great features of tiny umbrella is it obtains the shsh without being jailbroken. I have my 4.1 shshs on file.

3. doodude thread starter macrumors regular

doodude

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

It seems Redmond Pie is outdated as far as their SHSH Blob info & I had the wrong TinyU version.

Thanks to you I now have the correct version & my Blobs on file!

Thanks again...:D

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

5. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

You can only save what apple is signing at that moment. Usually, for a short time period after a new firmware is released you can still save the old ones but the window is usually not open long!

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

YOu can save the SHSHs that Apple is signing, currently they are signing 4.1, (so you can save those) once you use TU and send a copy of your SHSHs to Cydia servers, they will request new SHSHs when new firmwares come out, you don't beed to do anything else.