Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
well I think when you see the 3G symbol you have lost the wifi connection. Mine does this sometimes but it always switches back to the wifi symbol within a couple of seconds.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
well I think when you see the 3G symbol you have lost the wifi connection. Mine does this sometimes but it always switches back to the wifi symbol within a couple of seconds.

Hmm yea mine shows wifi for like three seconds and then it switches to 3g... I'm using a college wifi. I'm pretty sure at home my wifi usually goes in and out but it doesn't seem to work at all here

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
My Netgear Max router does the same.(also have AirPort Extreme N for everything else) Every 24 hours it must be restarted because when one attempts to connect to it with an iPhone or iPod Touch the WiFi symbol will pop-up for seconds then my iPhone will switch to EDGE. For whatever reason this ALWAYS happens like clockwork - every 24 hours. I've gotten in the habit of unplugging and replacing the plug to restart the router nightly so that I will be set for the next day of WiFi use. It's extremely odd and frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.