When did Apple last update their Al keyboards?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sundayx, Apr 7, 2009.

1. sundayx macrumors member

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Different regions have different keyboard layouts. That pictured keyboard is likely from a different region.

3. Canadian Bacon macrumors regular

Same as mine

I have a German keyboard (2009) and mine looks the same, just in German.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Yeah, it has a ₤ key to the bottom left of the Return key.

5. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

Only this....

[​IMG]

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

The British keyboard does not have the £ sign there. The £ sign on the British keyboard is Shift + 3.

7. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

And whilst you're pinching yourself, you should also know us Brits also don't have the word 'shift' on our shift keys (just a nice double arrow), or the word 'command' (just the symbol) or the word 'option' (still the same old 'alt' and symbol), not to mention we have that oh-so-quaint £ key, that weirdly derivative € key, and the piece de resistance.....the inverted L-shaped 'enter/return' key (yes you guessed it, it doesn't even say enter/return on it, just - what else? - another arrow symbol!

p.s. we also drive on the left just to confuse everyone else (aside from the Japanese and few ex-colonies)

8. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

Well I'm looking at my British Alu k/b right now and it's there alright - above the 3 is the standard place but it also has one here, one assumes, due to the proximity of the number pad.

*edit* Oops forgot to say I remember I didn't get my k/b in the UK as such, picked up from my employer's Amsterdam office - but it does have the £ sign there, and symbol-wise looks almost identical to my UK wireless alu k/b in every other way.

9. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Odd because I have a British keyboard sitting in front of me that does not have one there. So I guess they did update it at some point.

10. sundayx thread starter macrumors member

I'm in Hong Kong, driving on the left is natural here. :D

But why the different layouts and texts and arrows and stuff all over the place?

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's not a British keyboard.

If you look on the Flickr link it references this thread and says it's a Swiss keyboard. :)

12. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

As I said, ex-colonies ;) As for why the RoW outside of Europe doesn't have these arrows, preferring words, I have no idea.

Ah that'll be it then, seems typical what with the French and their AZERTY k/b's, the Scandi's with their ø's and å's all over the place, this entire argument is all down those pesky Swiss :p