When did iMessage become so useless?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by MichaelWR90, Jun 27, 2017.

1. MichaelWR90 macrumors member

I mean - c'mon, not only does the text prediction Apple created cause you to sound like an idiot... But the phone can't even simply HYPERLINK a full address?

If I type to someone "6190 SW 120th St, Miami, FL 33156" the phone hyperlinks 6190 and 33156 by itself... You can't even copy and paste the full message because it only allows you to click on 33156.

This has become increasingly annoying, and PLEASE allow us to edit the dictionary again. When I say "I was rear ended at a RED light." do NOT auto-correct a perfectly written "RED" to TED!!!

2. Closingracer macrumors 68020

Ummmm what? I don't ever have your issues and I'm even in Florida on vacation atm...

3. HallStevenson macrumors 6502

HallStevenson

I believe that the auto-correct and dictionary edits are keyboard functions, not the app.

I do know what you're talking about with the copy/paste problem. I had a message with a city name in it and trying to "copy" it only resulted in it copying that city name.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Well TED is a website (https://www.ted.com/talks) So the fact that you capitalized RED, probably thought you were trying to type TED.

But I don't have any of the issues you are experiencing.

5. joshforman macrumors regular

I dunno man. It worked for me

Attached Files:

6. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816