When did you get your iPhone 4? And do you have issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mossme89, Jun 24, 2010.

?

When Did you get your iPhone 4? Do you have issues?

1. I got my iPhone in the mail between June 21-23 and have signal issues

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. I got my iPhone in the mail between June 21-23 and do not have any signal issues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I got my iPhone in the mail or picked it up in store June 24 or later and do have signal issues

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I got my iPhone in the mail or picked it up in store June 24 or later and do not have signal issues

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

One theory i have regarding the signal issues on the iPhone 4 is that the iPhones with the signal issues might just be from the first production run, and we are on run 2+ now.

Knowing a bit about factory production, unfortunately the first production run is often the run when all the issues are worked out. The iPhones made in the first few days or first week (depending on speed of production) often are the ones with the most issues, as the kinks are worked out...

Now obviously we can't verify which iphones are from which production run made at X time, but i have a theory. The iphones received very early in the mail (June 21-23), might have been a very early batch. People i have talked to today, who have picked up the iphone or gotten them in the mail today, are having less issues than those who received them in the mail before today. It would make logical sense if iphones made earlier were shipped earlier. There might be phones coming out at different times mixed with other production runs, but there should be a general correlation...

The signal issue i am referring to is where if you hold the iphone in your left hand, covering the bottom left corner, that your signal will drop off rapidly.

So i'm hoping this poll will sort things out and help validate my theory...

Edit: Let me just say, it's not a bad thing if you got your iPhone June 21-23 and have signal issues. If anything, it's a good thing because that would mean it's just a bad batch, and you could probably exchange your phone for a new one.

2. mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, at first glance there might be a slight correlation, but we still need more votes.