When did your battery crap out?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by maclook, Nov 1, 2009.

1. maclook macrumors 65816

Nov 2, 2008
    Is there an average life cycle for my 2006 macbook? I just noticed I'm at 966 so if i had the new and improved built in batteries i would be about 34 cycles away from it dying. i've used the same battery since i first got it, am i nearing the end of my battery's life?

oh yeah and istat says that it's got 78% health which seems pretty good but i dont know what health means
  2. zbasarab macrumors member

May 29, 2009
    78 health is pretty bad, that basically means it only holds 78 percent of the charge it used to when brand new.

i think battery life is pretty erratic. i havent even had my macbook for a year and i had to get it replaced because it only held an hours worth of charge after full recharge.
  3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

Jul 5, 2008
    Thule GL @ the TOW
    ...if it was a PC laptop, I'd say you had about avg life out of the battery...

Apple batteries seem like they are supposed to last longer though...and with that many cycles on it, I doubt that apple would replace it for you as you've gotten over 300 cycles per year you've owned it...
  4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Jan 17, 2008
    It's actually rather amazing for a battery that's had 966 cycles, Apple generally accepts 80% health after only 300 cycles.
  5. tpr007 macrumors regular

Mar 1, 2007
    Hong Kong
    How does iStat nano work out the battery's "Health"?
  6. belmondo macrumors newbie

Nov 2, 2009
    My Macbook battery has 973 cycles and still 95% Health. ;) You see, it's from battery to battery different.
  7. Mackaper macrumors newbie

Oct 22, 2008
    My 2006 macbook has 1260 cycles and 87 %. And I have just used it, never done any calibration intentionally.