When did your pre order get charged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AJsAWiz, Sep 29, 2015.

1. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

iPhone 6s Plus - Pre ordered 9/12
    Shipped 9/24
    Delivered 9/28

Now, like everyone else a pending charge appeared when I pre ordered on the 12th but that dropped off
    No activity until today (9/29)
    I was charged the full amount for the phone today but the date on transaction is listed as 9/12

Anyone else have a similar experience (date it was charged on your card different then the date it posted)?
    This is rather strange as most businesses charge your card when the product ships. And that's the day it posts.

2. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

My charges frequently have charge dates different from their posting dates. The charge date is the date the transaction took place from a merchant point-of-view. The posting date is when it took place according to the bank (i.e. the date they disburse funds, and the credit card holder becomes liable for the amount charged for the purpose of late fees, charging interest, etc.). Usually, the charge date is different from the posting date because the bank doesn't operate on the charge date (like charging a meal to a credit card on a Sunday), but sometimes it is due to pre-orders like this that don't ship right away.