Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diiiiips

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
I can't wait to read review of the iPhone, and especially Siri, so I was wondering when embargoes usually lift? It's not usually the day of release is it?

Picka

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
Techradar conclusion from their review:

All in all, the iPhone 4S lives up to its billing as the best ever iPhone, bringing it a clear step up from the iPhone 4.

Many with that handset will question if the upgrades are worth it, and that's something that could impact on the iPhone 4S - especially if people feel that they should hang on for an iPhone 5 instead.

It's important to remember that Apple enjoys a special relationship with consumers, attracting those who don't care a jot about smartphone specs but want to make sure they get something halfway decent. The trust in the brand is unerring for many.

But imagine this was the update Samsung threw out for the Galaxy S3 - technology enthusiasts would be pointing and laughing at the Korean giant for such a minor set of of updates.

Technically, the iPhone 4S manages to keep pace with the competition - and will likely find it will be quickly outdone in the coming months in spec terms.

But Apple has a way of making the features that rivals implemented years ago seem shiny and new. Given that Cook's Clan managed to get people queuing down the street for a white variant of a nine month-old phone, we fully expect swathes of consumers to line the streets again for the iPhone 4S.

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I can't wait to read review of the iPhone, and especially Siri, so I was wondering when embargoes usually lift? It's not usually the day of release is it?

Usually the night before the release. Usually around 8 or 9 pm EST I see them roll out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.