When do i cancel my contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mexbearpig, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Ok so i got a 8gb iphone through bestbuy and the $100 deal. The day we started was feb. 26 after the first month we called att to cancel but we were 4 days late and they wouldnt proate the bill so i got slapped withe the second month bill. So i decoded to just stay throughthe month and get my moneys worth. So heres my question: what day should i call to avoid the third months bill?

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

:apple:Not sure what day but call and say you no longer get service at your home where you primarly use your phone work etc. That should avoid fees since they cant charge for a service you cannot use. Then sell the phone or jailbreak/unlock to tmobile.:apple:

3. Mexbearpig thread starter macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

I will see if they wave the fee. Although i doubt they will because i have 3G coverage at my house. Ill give it a shot. Has anyone had sucess with saying you dont have service (when actually having service) and getting the ETF waived?

4. aok1975 macrumors 6502

They wont wave the fee. You had 30 days to return it and you didnt. To avoid another months bill call and cancel a day before your minutes renew.

5. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Nah, I don't think they will waive the ETF fee. You would've had it like 2 months then you'd come and say you don't have service at home... would be really fishy.