iPhone 11 Pro When Do I Check In?

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
When is it usually check in time? While I’m on the line before it’s ready for pick up? This is a little bit confusing. It’s my first time doing store pick up for a launch day.
8B598A48-49A4-48A7-869E-8C97410DD406.jpeg

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Check in is before ready for pick up, it’s confusing.
I’d think is ready for pick up then you can check in. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
I'm not entirely sure but last year I don't ever recall seeing the "Check In" but I'm certain if you just show up at your time you can go pick it up. You shill get the Ready for pick up e-mail sometime after midnight tonight.

Reactions: penajmz

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I've heard that if you can't make your scheduled check-in time, they hold your phone for up to 14 days. Is this true?

I should be able to pick up my phone tomorrow AM during my scheduled time, but my wife has to travel now so will be out of town until Sunday evening and can't pick up her phone until then. Want to make sure we won't run into any issues with her phone no longer being available by then.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
I've heard that if you can't make your scheduled check-in time, they hold your phone for up to 14 days. Is this true?

I should be able to pick up my phone tomorrow AM during my scheduled time, but my wife has to travel now so will be out of town until Sunday evening and can't pick up her phone until then. Want to make sure we won't run into any issues with her phone no longer being available by then.
Yes that is true because you've already paid for it and it's not a walk-in reservation.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yes that is true because you've already paid for it and it's not a walk-in reservation.
Good to know. So, what's the point of the 30 minute check-in window? Why have an end time at all? Seems like there should just be the start time to the window, but having an end time makes it seem like you can only pick it up during that 30 minute window.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Good to know - so my question is, what's the point of the 30 minute window? Why don't they just say the start time of your window with no end time? Makes it seem like you can only pick it up during that 30 minute window.
I think the 30 minute would ideally be more for walk-in's since they have't paid for it yet. Bu yea not sure why it would say that on the apple.com for those who pre-ordered. Last year I went 1 hour later than my scheduled pick up window and I was still able to pick it up that day.

swandy

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Good to know. So, what's the point of the 30 minute check-in window? Why have an end time at all? Seems like there should just be the start time to the window, but having an end time makes it seem like you can only pick it up during that 30 minute window.
Because they would prefer to have an idea of when people are coming to spread out the amount of customers at any particular time I guess.

Reactions: newellj

newellj

macrumors 604
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I think the 30 minute would ideally be more for walk-in's since they have't paid for it yet. Bu yea not sure why it would say that on the apple.com for those who pre-ordered. Last year I went 1 hour later than my scheduled pick up window and I was still able to pick it up that day.
Yes, it’s crowd control, not a do or die contract. :)