When do NEW iPod Touches have 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cairastravis, Jun 18, 2009.

1. cairastravis macrumors newbie

Does anyone new when iPod Touches will have the new 3.0 firmware directly out of the box? The apple.com iPod Touch page hasn't updated to show any of the new firmware's features (except on the update to 3.0 for $10 page). Also, I called my local Apple Store yesterday afternoon, and they said that all theirs still have 2.0, and they didn't know when that would change. It would be really silly to buy one today and then have to immediately pay $10 to get the latest firmware.

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

It's possible that if a store orders new stock from Apple between now and sepetember that they "may" come with 3.0. No existing stock in the retail chain is going to have it. If you find one in a store, it'll either be $10 more or the old stock with any older firmware will be marked down $10.

New model iPod Touches that show up in September will have 3.0 on them. They may also have new hardware features with a slightly custom version of 3.0 there to take advantage of them.

3. cairastravis thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, 4DThinker. Do you know if the same applies to store.apple.com?

4. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Last year iPod touches didn't come with 2.0 until the second generation one did. You couldnt buy a 1st gen with 2.0 on it already. I guess it will be the same and 1st/2nd gens will NOT come with 3.0 but the new 3rd gen (september) will.