When do Pre-Order go up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThunderApple, Oct 3, 2011.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Couple of days after tomorrow? :confused: What time does it usually go up as well? Going to try my luck on pre-ordering online. :p

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Probably tomorrow after the event, if I had to take a guess.

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Pre-orders usually go up about a week after an event, if not longer. The sooner the better.

4. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'd say one to two weeks after tomorrow we will be able to pre-order.

If I recall, you can pre-order starting at 12 midnight Eastern, but I might have that wrong.

5. LagFighter, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

LagFighter macrumors regular

We don't know. It hasn't been announced. Pre-orders aren't guaranteed - after the crisis with the iPhone 4 last year, expecting to be able to pre-order is probably the wrong idea. We didn't get to pre-order for iPad 2.

We obviously don't know.

You can't expect people from MacRumors to be future-tellers, or to even have any inside information. Don't ask when we obviously don't know. We'll all find out tomorrow.

EDIT: By the way, no. You weren't asking about past years; you were clearly asking about this year. Read your post again, and maybe be more clear next time.

6. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Relax dude. I can ask this question if I want to. If you don't feel like answering, by all means, don't bother clicking on this thread.

This is not the first time a new iPhone has been announced. I was simply asking when pre-orders have gotten up from the past years.

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Local ATT manager said probably no preorders this time.

8. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I think you may be right. Last year's launch was a mess. I'm really hoping you're wrong though; otherwise I'm going to have to wait in line days before the launch. Ergh!

In the past pre-ordering started at 12 Pacific since Cupertino's in California.

9. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Why don't people just go to a not to well known AT&T store? :p If anything I'm planning on doing that, even though I'm in New York.

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I did just that last year, when there were pre-orders. By store opening there were still over a hundred people behind me in line.

11. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

yeah last year was a disaster. It took me an hour and a half to get through (via apple.com) and I considered myself lucky. I remember coming on to macrumors and seeing the endless threads about it. Actually, it was a poster here who stumbled across a glitch that required you to hit the "back" button and after I read his post then I was able to do the pre-order.

I hope there is a pre-order this year, but if they choose not to I won't blame them.

12. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

13. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Pre-orders are live now!

C'mon, nobody knows when or if pre-orders will be allowed. Remember iPad 2, no pre-orders or reserves.

14. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Pre-orders went up when the sent out invites for the event. If you can't access the page, you're SOL.

15. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Usually about a week or so

----------

Don't spread false statements

16. batting1000 macrumors 604

Just pre-ordered mine! Thanks!

17. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

----------

[/COLOR]

Take a deep breath, people are kidding....

18. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Hold on let me time travel to tomorrow real quick... :rolleyes:

19. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

Pre-order and have shipped?

The last iphone I bought, the 3Gs, I pre-ordered from ATT and had it shipped to my house. Thus avoiding waiting in line. The phone arrived on release day. With all the conversation about pre ordering and waiting in line I'm wondering if we will be able to have it shipped as I did before? This is what I intend to do. I activated it on itunes. Anyone planning to use this option, if we still have this option?

20. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

If I can't pre-order, I'm going to wait a few weeks/months.

I have a rampant case of consumerism, but the moment I have to line up for a product I feel to embarassed of myself. If I can pre-order, hand over my cash in advance, and have the product delivered....I'm down.

The world is too ****ed to spend 6 hours in line for a phone....that being said, I waited 2 hrs for an iPad 2 in March.

21. uniform5 macrumors member

iPad2 Pre-Orders -SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION

slippery-Pete: You state, "remember iPad2, no Pre-orders or reserves". Please stop spreading false info. I preordered my iPad2 on the APPLE STORE on 11 March 2011 and received it on 13 April 2011. You don't have a clue. People rely on this site for help from others. You're not helping pal. Do a little research.