When do they announce the fall updates?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kronie, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

I know its in October, but do we know what day?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. Kronie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kronie

imac. I just bought a Mac Pro, which I like, but if apple comes up with a quad core imac....

4. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Unless there is an event no one really knows when apple will release a new product. Anything that people say here would usually be a guess.

5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

there is no info disclosed "officially" from apple for most products...which is one reason we are all at this website....but you can use the following as a guide

MacRumors Buyers Guide

There are patterns however, like new iPods right after the back to school promo ends. Some other products have likely updating patterns, but the buyers guide is the best insight into how long it has been since the last update.

6. gator.the.dog macrumors newbie

Waiting list for new products?

In your experience, is there usually a wait when the new product lines are announced? Is it likely that you can breeze by the local Apple store and pick up the newest iMac or should I expect to wait a week for the order to be processed?

Thx

7. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

depends on what it is, but often times things are given a shipping date for the apple.com store- I dont' know about apple stores and availability, but I would think the answer will be it depends!

8. Kronie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kronie

oh, see I thought Apple did a smaller fall and then larger macworld spring update. I know they updated the MBP's 10/15/08.

9. Scippy macrumors regular

Apple doesn't really tell anyone when they are going to update their products, until they have already updated them. They don't have a set schedule.

10. Kronie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Um, yea they do. Its called "macworld" isn't it?

11. Scippy macrumors regular

Don't forget, apple just pulled out of macworld WWDC.

12. HBOC macrumors 68020

I have heard that there "may" be an announcement anytime for the iMac/MB (white) product line... I have heard could be before 10/15.. but that is all speculation. Usually Apple does do a free printer (up to $99 I think) when you buy a new Mac in the fall. They did that last year this time (well in late October)...

13. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

Incorrect. They used to introduce something new at Macworld, but even before they pulled out it was anyones guess until maybe a week before it happened and we got some rumors.

Really, there's no set pattern for hardware releases. Hell, I think the Mini went over a year without an update. iMacs were last updated in March 2009, so there's a decent chance you'll see an update toward the end of the year. No bets though.

Except for iPods, which are typically updated around back-to-school time, Apple can pull a release at any time. Of course, if it was just updated, assume it won't be for at least another 8 or so months.

14. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

I have the current version of the wireless keyboard, the aluminum one. One of the rows of keys quit working, and so I took it into the genius bar today. They wanted to give me another one, but they were all out of both the retail boxes on the sales floor, and the ones they give out with imacs as re lacements (guess the word, the button that is between o and the bracket doesn't work, neither does the right arentheses. Anyway, they are ordering me another one. And lo and behold, I see on the mac store site that the delivery for wireless keyboards now says 4 to 6 business days, instead of 24 hours as well. So I think a new model of the wireless keyboards at least, and maybe imacs is now imminent.

15. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Macworld and the WWDC are two different events. And yes, it's Macworld that they've pulled out of.