Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I just went to the apple store but they told me that I had to wait for the announcement on the website. I thought this was already in effect??

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
No one knows how or when apple is going to do it exactly. But, it is suppose to happen online and it will be done by late this week. That's what Jobs said.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
You will have to apply for the refund on Apple.com later this week. Once information is available I'm sure there will be no shortage of topics posted to inform everyone.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
I really wondering how apple is going to do this. Will they do it my IMEI or Serial number? We shall see. How are they going to handle the refunds? MY receipt number? What if you lost receipt and paid with cash?
I know some people will cry.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
I really wondering how apple is going to do this. Will they do it my IMEI or Serial number? We shall see. How are they going to handle the refunds? MY receipt number? What if you lost receipt and paid with cash?

If you lose receipt? Go to store, show them bumper. They give you 30$, mark your IMEI, and be on your way...probably.

Sinfire

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
You can look at the bigger picture and realize that it is only $30. That is really nothing when you look at how quickly you can throw $30 bucks away. For instance, a couple of beers at a pub, dinner for 2 at a low end restaurant, a night at the movies for you and a date, etc.

r3voLoL

macrumors member
May 12, 2010
You can look at the bigger picture and realize that it is only $30. That is really nothing when you look at how quickly you can throw $30 bucks away. For instance, a couple of beers at a pub, dinner for 2 at a low end restaurant, a night at the movies for you and a date, etc.

$30 will almost fill up my gas tank... its $30 than I have now....

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Then how come people in the uk where able to just go into the store and got a refund??

kr00k322

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I bought 3 separate bumpers on 3 different days on my debit card. I was refunded for one of them. Works fine for me as I ordered the free case online and I like the bumpers. I called to check and see if they would cancel my case because of that fact and a rep told me no, I get my case and a refund.

Hope that helps out a few people in different circumstances.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.