When do we get Milo on our Mac Pros?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Tesselator, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

2. Rainier42 macrumors member

That's pretty cool and thanks for the links. At one point in my career I was doing applied research in AI work for at Bell Communications Research (was also their rep to MCC). Looks like AI has moved forward a bit.

On another note, anyone know of a good LISP package for OS X?

3. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

Dunno about LISP, but Scheme is pretty similar (it's built on top of LISP) and Dr. Scheme works pretty well.

4. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

5. Rainier42 macrumors member

Thanks ... don't know Scheme but will take a look.

6. Tesselator thread starter macrumors 601

Tesselator

Soon we will no longer be saying "Big Brother is watching us.". Instead we will all say "Big Brother is scanning us.". LOL! :D

7. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

LOL. This might be a little perverted, but think of those games they could make with this tech. Sorry. Just thought I'd point it out.

8. Rainier42 macrumors member

Lol yes ... perverted minds think alike. But am also thinking that this represents a giant step forward in truly immersive video games.

9. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

10. Tesselator thread starter macrumors 601

Tesselator

It actually really does worry the crap out of me. You're putting a face scanner in your home connected to the internet. :eek: And also one that can supposedly tell your emotional state. Man that sounds not just creepy but dangerous as well. If it was ALWAYS unplugged from the internet it does sound like fun to play with tho. And just unplugging it sometimes doesn't cut it either - we would have to format the HDD and disconnect the scanning camera thingy every time before reconnecting it to the net.

11. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

If I'm reading this correctly, the game runs on a server?

12. Tesselator thread starter macrumors 601

Tesselator

Well, this is just a sample program of an XBox 360 attachment and system software upgrade from Microsoft. If has voice analysis to detect emotion, stress, and so forth. And it has face recognition technology. If connected to the internet it can also correlate IP address with a street address and a list of residences cross referenced from any number of databases - like the DMV, power, gas, and water, etc. etc. It's about as Orwellain as it gets.

And remember this is Microsoft which is probably the largest promoter and facilitator of eugenics
    on the planet and who have their roots in controlling how and when the killing of jews and poles
    was carried out during WWII as well as funding the same... If we look at the programs (abortion
    counseling, cancer research, "family planning"), media (books, movies, software, etc.) and
    foundations funded by MS and then examine what they say and what they do it's pretty terrible. I
    mean if you believe in liberty, freedom, human rights and in propositions like all men are created
    equal.

The system itself is called Natal and you can read up or watch videos on it from the latest E3. There's some videos on it here: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/project-natal/11397

13. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

I see. It would get pretty scary that way. :/

14. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I wonder if you have to "scan" body parts into that camera...

15. Tesselator thread starter macrumors 601

Tesselator

Serious?

No. It has image recognition. It knows a person from something else, applies a default scalable skeletal rig, tries to interpret your motion, and applies that to it's motion-rig.

[​IMG]

Here's some info for doing such a thing manually in an application using prerecorded motion data: http://www.kxcad.net/Softimage_XSI/Softimage_XSI_Documentation/mocap_RetargetingC3DMocapData.htm

It uses shape recognition for many other things as well from what I understand. So there could for example, be an I-Spy game created for it or other things as well.