Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calvin2006

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I ordered one from Apple on Christmas Day. The ship date is 1/12/10 and the deliver date is 1/15/10. I would guess they will be back in stock some time around then.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I love the magic mouse. I'm glad I bought it despite the online reviews and me thinking I wouldnt like it. Its my favorite mouse (although I hated it for the first hour I had it.)

Magic Mouse + Better Touch Tool = awesome :D

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
I just ordered one like.. yesterday. Sucks that we have to wait, but
it's worth it. =) At least my shuffle is shipping now. ahahah just left
China! Woot.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
The mouse has a learning curve on how to grip it. Once u become familiar with it, you're good to go.

The mouse has a new apple smell that last a few days.

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
The mouse has a learning curve on how to grip it. Once u become familiar with it, you're good to go.

The mouse has a new apple smell that last a few days.

HAHAHAHA I like that new plastic type of smell that Apple stuff has...
wierd, but I wanna go walk in the assembling plant in China and see
if it smells like that.
bahaha

Blair230

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2009
Near Philly
Magic Mouse + Better Touch Tool = awesome :D

+1

Magic Mouse + Better Touch tool really shows the sophistication and the technology of the device.

Just got it from the gf for Christmas. Liked it at first and after BTT I LOVE IT!!

My mighty mouse is now sitting battery-less and sobbing to itself ;D

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Yeah the mouse has a really strong Apple smell that will last a good 4 or 5 days. It kind of reminds you of when you bought a brand new Mac.

Anyhow just giving you guys a heads up.

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
Maybe Apple is getting ready to release a new mouse for the tablet on January 26th. It will be called iMiracle Mouse.

hahaha All I know is I am going to download the better touch tool like the day before it gets here. Good news anyway, my ipod shuffle left Shanghai. Should be crossing over soon!

tucker3434

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Any idea when they'll hit either the apple stores or bestbuy? I'm getting it for someone, but I'm also traveling a lot over the next few weeks. It'd be much easier if I didn't have to ship it.

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA
the apple stores have them.
i went to the 5th ave store and they had many shelves filled with them
there were also a few stores in NJ that I called and they have had them in stock for a while now.

tucker3434

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
I guess the Birmingham area just went nuts about these things, because they're nowhere to be found here. I guess I'll call the ATL stores tomorrow, as it is one of my stops anyway.

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yeah the mouse has a really strong Apple smell that will last a good 4 or 5 days. It kind of reminds you of when you bought a brand new Mac.

Anyhow just giving you guys a heads up.

I snuk out of the office today to pick one up at the Apple Store here in Chicago and they had at least 50 of them in stock.

You sure are right about the Apple smell! I just cracked mine open when I read your post and huffed it in a little bit. Smells sooo good. I recommend getting one on that fantastic smell and I haven't even used it yet. Now if only my Cinema Display were to arrive tomorrow so I don't have to wait the entire weekend. Can't wait to smell the inside of that box.

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
I can't believe the magic mouse sold out!

For those that own it, is it really that amazing? More importantly, is it comfortable and ergonomic? i.e. I can use it for hours on straight and not feel as if my wrist hurts like hell after?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
my local bestbuy has been out of stock since before christmas. apple says 5-7 business days to ship? im ready to get one now, the scroll ball on the might mouse is sucking more and more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.