When do you replace your screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by crhudy1985, Sep 23, 2009.

1. crhudy1985 macrumors regular

This may be a silly question but I have had my Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector (which I love) on my iPhone for almost 2 months. I was wondering when it should be replaced. I know the company says like every two months but I was wondering if it is like my contacts. The company says to replace them every 2 weeks but I wear them for months. :D Any help would be appreciated.

2. SimplyBlue macrumors member

I've had the Crystal one on my iPhone since I installed it which is probably over a year now. The scratches here and there don't bother me because they are not visible unless you look at it very closely.

3. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

mine has been on since i got the phone and doesn't appear to need changing???

i have the same protector on my old PDA and that's YEARS old!

4. larapumkin macrumors regular

i think it depends on how you treat it or personal habit-
    i have used ps crystal for like 2 wks when i just got i my i phone 3g- and i got some small scratch on it :(
    well some people do use it for a long time but i don't know what was so wrong with my behavior with it.
    i replaced it with steinheil crystal and i had it for about a yr w/o any damage, i just replaced it recently with steinheil anti fingerprint since i got tired of wiping off my face oil after every phone calls...ugh
    anti fingerprint one is less clear than crystal on but it does get less face oil and smudges so im pretty cool with it..... i might need to change my skin lotion to get help with this issue :(

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Never unless i need to change the phone itself lol

6. lollicup macrumors regular

1) Replace it when you feel it looks bad, starts peeling, gets scracthed, etc

2) That's nasty.. :mad: How in the world can you compare something that you put on your phone, to something you PUT IN YOUR EYE EVERYDAY !

You do realize that your eyes don't have a great immune system. If you wear contacts for a long time you can cause small ulcers/cuts/irregularities on the surface of your eyes. You may not notice it, but if you happen to get an eye infection it will be much worse since the bacteria/virus have an easier entry into your eye (can permanently damage your eyes)

At most, you should never wear your 2-week contacts for more than a month ( and even that is pushing the limits)

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have had my SPG Antiglare on for 10 months. Still looks as good as new. It does show a couple bubbles on the sides when I have it in a iSkin Solo FX case, they go away when I put it in it's Vaja.

8. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Every 2 weeks? Might as well just mail them checks for rent too!

My 2G sold and somewhere in this world probably still has the original anti-glare on it.

My 3G never was replaced

My 3GS won't need to be replaced

Crystal gets hair scratches and Anti-Glare does not :D

9. V4705 macrumors 6502

my PS Anti-Glare starts to show finger-prints after 3 months, IMO 15$ for 4 to 6 months isn't a good value.

10. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i'm guilty of not reading the whole post the first time through... then i saw someone quoted you and commented on this... DUDE!!??? what are you thinking! you can safely wear your 2 week contacts for ONE month.... but not monthS plural! (and this is per my optometrist.... one month.... ONE.... UNO.....) your asking for trouble! and you don't want trouble with your eyes!!!!! please.... change them out every month! they aren't that expensive!!!!!!