Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
IJ Reilly said:
They may even choose someone else in the company to make product announcements and presentations.

As long as it's not Serlet; dear Lord, not Serlet. As for Schiller, in my mind, he just doesn't have the persona to do it, he's always nervous and never appears to know what to say. He's quite awkward and fumbles things quite a bit. He's better as a second fiddle, which is how Jobs usually uses him.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Schiller did a fantastic job of running the PCs in the Mac-PC bakeoffs in days of old.

Since then, I'm not sure what his role at Apple is.

The French guy seemed intelligent, but his accent was a bit thick and not sexy like I normally find French accents.

The Time Machine guy was HAUT (relative to the people you'd expect to be presenting at a computer company keynote).

Steve is cute too, but in an awww cute way. He looks like a little koala bear to me.

TheSalmonThief

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2006
He does kind of look like a Koala o_0

Enlighted me, who is this Schiller person?

I don't think Jobs will, or should, step down for quite awhile. It seems like he really wants to lead Apple to heights far beyond the ones they've been reaching lately, and to hand that task off to someone else just doesn't seem like something he'd do. Plus everyone loves Steve. Mostly.

I also really liked Forstall, he was a good friendly speaker. I could definitely see him doing more keynotes and announcements in the future.

Glen Quagmire

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
UK
I liked Bertrand, but like swingerofbirch said, his accent was a bit hard to understand. Perhaps he should speak French instead - I could understand him perfectly then. Phil Schiller seems like a nice guy, but is not especially charismatic.

IMHO, Steve will continue for five or so years more, health permitting. Perhaps he'll quit when he's 60?

As for a successor, perhaps Bill Gates would be interested? He's giving up his role at Microsoft in a few years and will have plenty of free time.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
Well i hope steave never leaves apple, i hope he steps down when apple hits around 20% market share if they ever reach that. Even and if it got that high i think he should still stay on the board.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.