When do you think the first refresh will be?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stealthsniper96, Jan 20, 2008.

1. stealthsniper96 macrumors regular

do you think apple will wait till september to do a refresh for the touch or are you expcting it sooner? i really like it but 8gb/16gb isnt really enough. thanks.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

It'll be a while yet, I expect they'll leave it almost a year, perhaps 9 months. They wont go higher than 16 until the iPhone has caught up.

3. stealthsniper96 thread starter macrumors regular

damn. i guess i could live with 16 gigs. i just didnt wana buy one only to fill it up to like 14 andthen 3 months later have a 30+ one come out.

4. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

September has become the month of the iPod so not until early/mid September.

5. rusty. macrumors member

rusty.

Yup lucky me mid september is my birthday. but my touch didn't come till oct 2nd and out apple store took forever to get any

6. ndheah macrumors regular

My opinion we won't be seeing much larger harddrives. They cost a lot, and i think Apple is going away from the 'Your Whole Library in Your Pocket' and are going to make a push for iTunes to be more of a library manager. I think we'll see a lot more customization/ease of what we toss onto our iPods.

I think we'll see a 24gb in late 08, and it will have very few new features that can not be done on the current touch

7. steve.lawrence macrumors member

The iPod Touch uses flash memory, not hard drives

8. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

With the way flash memory prices are going you may be right with that 24 GB prediction. Look at the MacBook Air, it costs an extra $1000 to get a 64 GB drive that is way bigger than what is in the iPods.

9. ndheah macrumors regular

Sorry for using wrong word...Yes, I ment Flash Memory. As you can see, the post below yours figured it out...