When do you think the Haswell rMBPs will be released?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by toypadlock, Feb 14, 2013.

  1. toypadlock macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2010
    Location:
    UK
    #1
    Post your suggestions along with a rationale. I'm trying to decide whether to get the rMBP now or wait.

    I'll start: June - as the processors are rumoured to be released then and I'm taking today's release to mean they're trying to sell some more machines and stop people holding on for Haswell.
     
  2. Liquinn Suspended

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2011
    #2
    I agree with the OP. I'm going to guess July 2013 that the RMBP gets refreshed since then it's been 8/9 months since the minor spec bump that occured yesterday.
     
  3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2011
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    #3
    My guess is to search the forum for Haswell and pick a thread :rolleyes:
     
  4. toypadlock thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2010
    Location:
    UK
    #4
    sigh. all those threads (and believe me, I've searched) get sidetracked and talk about different stuff.
     
  5. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

    chrisrosemusic1

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2012
    Location:
    Northamptonshire, England
    #5
    I don't want to wait another 5-7 months. I'm expecting an autumn release for the haswell chips (in Macs anyway). I won't use it for gaming so the rest of the setup is fine for me.
     
  6. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

    thejadedmonkey

    Joined:
    May 28, 2005
    Location:
    Pa
    #6
    That sounds fantastic to me. I'll pick up a Surface now, and a MBP in August.
     
  7. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2011
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    #7
    I know it was a poor attempt at a joke. Basically no one here knows. Your guess of June is about right unless Intel delays the shipments.
     
  8. cntwtfrmynwmbp macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2012
    #8
    Or: they plan on releasing the Haswell rMBP in late 2013 and therefore the spec bump from yesterday.

    If they would release it in June/July, that would be 120-150 days between updates, by far the shortest cycle in recent years.

    Imo both arguments for either a mid or late 2013 release are plausible.
     
  9. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

    yusukeaoki

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2011
    Location:
    Tokyo, Japan
    #9
    The earliest being late June and the latest being October is my guess.
     
  10. ct1211 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 3, 2012
    Location:
    Michigan
    #10
    The Haswell will be out soon, followed in about 12 months by the faster and even more anticipated TiMMEY-9000 - You should wait for that one because it will be 20% fasterer then the Haswell and you're going to regret not having waited...

    The TiMMEY-9000 chipset is going to be huge... TiMMEY is short for "Take My Money Every Year" please...
     
  11. spatlese44 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2007
    Location:
    Milwaukee
    #12
    I could care less about the 20% fasterer. It's all about the GPU for me and I'm guessing I'm not alone. My question is: Is HD4000 good enough future proofing or should I wait? I'm replacing a 2007 Macbook and a 2009 Mac Mini. I'm thinking Mini this year and Macbook next year, so Macbook will be a lot easier call (and more expensive). I could just get the Mac Mini base model and upgrade again in a couple years. Probably the way to go as adding i7 and fusion and you're up to $1000.

    Any comments on Haswell GPU benefits would be welcome. Is it true that this may be a future 4k video bottleneck? Does the fan start running doing Airplay mirroring?

    BTW, is fasterer a little more than fasterish?
     

Share This Page