When do you think the lines are gonna die down?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by impact_blue, Mar 12, 2011.

1. impact_blue macrumors regular

Waited in line with the gf to get the ipad only for it to sell out within an hour at the Apple store here. She wasn't really stressin and just wants to wait till the hype and the lines die. I told her to just order it online and wait the 2-3 weeks, but she thinks she can just walk in the store and pick it up after in the middle of this upcoming week or next. :rolleyes: Oh wells.

When do you guy realistically think the lines will die and Apple starts pumping massive shipments instead of staggering them?

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

That's a tough call. With them being so apparently behind online already and seeing almost all stores on here have sold through their initial stock, adding in that more iPad 2s are set to go out to all the other countries on the 25th doesn't give me the impression that stock will become consistent anytime soon. Sorry to be a little pessimistic but it's my honest gut feeling. If I had to guess, I'd say things should normalize in 3-4 weeks...

3. Vizin, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. impact_blue thread starter macrumors regular

I was looking for the online stock-checker. I kinda assumed they'd have it with this kind of launch. It seems like Apple loves to keep changing their launch plans. Last year you could reserve. You'd think they have a system down.

For the the model, she's looking for a Black 32GB wifi. I would think being the "middle child" that this model will be easier to come by, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

On a side note, I had a conversation with the guy behind us who said he waited 13 hours for his iPhone 4 :eek: I love your stuff Apple, but not 13 hours in the cold I love you. haha!