when do you think the macbook and macbook pro will have a case redesign

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kovy17, Mar 30, 2008.

1. kovy17 macrumors member

i hear people say june, september-november and january 2009 when do you think they will get redesigned

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

I'd say macworld 2009.

Macbook pro:

Don't expect anything major, as the design is good as it is. But for the sake of people's expectations of a redesign, it will most likely get the chicklet type keyboard of the MB/MBA. also, expect its lines to be more reminiscent of the MBA's. All this wrapped in an enclosure which is 10% thinner.

Macbook:

expect it to go aluminum by 2009. Also, the eventual incorporation of multi-touch, and backlight LED.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Aluminum would blow. It's what's kept me from buying a MBP. I have a MacBook because of the plastic case. Aluminum simply isn't a practical choice if you're running around with your laptop constantly on a daily basis, it's just not durable enough.

4. gothamm macrumors 6502a

agreed. I am surprised at how durable the plastic enclosure of the macbook is. I have rubbed it against walls, walking through narrow alleys. No scuffs on any of the edges.

But aluminum = "lighter" and symbolizes higher quality.

would be awesome if they had an optional plastic enclosure for the MBP, and maybe charge us less money for it.

5. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I am not 100% sure that apple will change the MBP keyboard. I think some people see it as "Not pro" Personally I love it. As for the case I expect they will move to the aluminum palm rests of the air. I have had 4 MBPs and on all of them the plastic on top would start to ware down.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Case designs don't happen that frequently...they added an iSight camera, made it a little bit thinner, more ports, a new power supply and an IR receiver. And that was the drastic overhaul. :D

7. kovy17 thread starter macrumors member

i am fine with my powerbook right now so i will wait till there is a case redesign even if it takes till next year....or if led screen comes i will probably buy