When do you think theApple remote and mouse will be updated?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by appleguy123, Aug 7, 2009.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

The Apple remote and mighty mouse looked great with the white macs (macbook imac g5) but now they leave something to be desired. [​IMG] [[​IMG] So how long do you think these 2 items will go without an upgrade and what do you think the new ones will look like?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I doubt remote will be updated because it's already great. Mouse and keyboard, hmm, I hope with next desktop update.

Keyboard:

- Backlight
    - Black keys as in notebooks
    - Wireless model with num pad

Mouse:

- New design
    - Get rid of the ball (it sucks)
    - More buttons (maybe volume buttons?)

My hope list

3. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

wasn't the keyboard just updated? the mouse desperately needs it though and i bet the remote goes aluminum soon.

4. King James macrumors member

the remote as far as being functional is pretty sound..... maybe a new color/finish?

The mouse is in dire need of a revamp tho....trackball SUCKS! as most of us have experienced

5. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I think the remote will be phased out.

Also, the mighty mouse really, really needs not just a facelift, but a whole new hardware design. That ball is awful, and the side click buttons are just useless in their current form. Right clicking also leaves a lot to be desired, so I think we'll see it replaced soon.

As for the keyboard, the number pad was dropped from the model shipping with iMacs recently, so I think that could be a sign that the number pad will go altogether from the Apple keyboard lineup. I'm not really that bothered, as I'd never use it, but I know that'll be a thorn for a lot of users.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The current Might Mouse (both wired and wireless) I have no problem with and it does the basics, if for anything else, I'm using my Razer so no update is ok with me. For the keyboard, I really want the aluminum with number pad as a wireless. The backlight would be a bonus but wireless keyboard with number pad would complete the whole media center look.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Mighty Mouse: When the iMac gets a case change.
    Remote: Never.

8. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

I don't really see how the remote can be phased out when it's needed for AppleTV.

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Remote may get an update if Apple TV gets one.

10. Aadhil macrumors regular

The mouse curser is very unresponsive. The ball is much better responsiveness wise. I think they should take a few times from the Kensington media mouse which is basically everything the apple mouse should have been.

11. mslide macrumors 6502a

I just wish they'd update the keyboard with black keys. They stopped shipping new imacs with keyboards that have the number pad? I love having the number pad. I wish the wireless one had a number pad. Backlighting would be great.

I gave up on Apple mice a long time ago. The current one sucks and needs an overhaul. I'm sorry, but I need a mouse with 2 real buttons on it. Right clicking with the apple mouse just doesn't work well enough. Oh and that ball, forget it.

12. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

Another prediction fail.