When does amazon get the new mbp's?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jess222, Apr 13, 2010.

1. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

Hi there! Cant wait to buy my new 17" mbp but I would really like to do so on amazon to avoid paying tax lol. Anyone know how long it will be before amazon has them available? Thanks in advance :D

2. PinkLuxe macrumors member

I'm curious too. Actually i'm curious about other online resellers in general. I plan to purchase from MacMall.com and I'm not sure how long it takes these places to get in the new machines.

3. jess222 thread starter macrumors 6502

jess222

yea i would love to buy one today but also would like to save the $200 in tax lol ;)

4. rawCpoppa macrumors regular

New Base 13 inch MBP from Amazon please lol...with the usual amazon discount and no tax. Yummy

5. Rhino420 macrumors member

+1 i hate paying sales tax when i know i can buy it on amazon and keep that 200 in my pocket or even better yet buy it off ebay and get bing cash back !

6. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

how are you guys finding the exact part numbers? Mind listing the 13"?

7. jess222 thread starter macrumors 6502

jess222

8. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Too bad neither of the stock options work for me, I'd rather buy from Amazon too since I have store credit there. I'd either want the 15" i7 but with the hi-res screen, or the i7 17". Both are BTO options though :(

9. Hazyb71 macrumors member

Does Amazon offer a student discount on top of the tax waiver?

10. jess222 thread starter macrumors 6502

jess222

nope but it usually comes out to about the same price. student discount is $200 for me on apple and amazon would save me $200 in tax, but usually amazon has them cheaper. hopefully that will change, right now they are only $5 off on amazon...

11. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I didn't know that Amazon waived tax? Is this in all states? Have they always done this??

12. jess222 thread starter macrumors 6502

jess222

as long as what u buy is sold from amazon and not an 'amazon seller'. ive never paid tax on anything from amazon, always just assumed it was for all states...im in CA btw

13. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Well I don't buy from Amazon too often and I'm from New York. I've probably never bought anything direct from Amazon...just sellers.

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

NY collects taxes for internet purchases. Amazon due to their affiliate program, must collect taxes as required by law. Yeah it's too bad.

15. jess222 thread starter macrumors 6502

jess222

oh well i gave in and ordered from apple, ive been waiting for 2 months now and dont feel like waiting anymore. plus this is my anniversary present and that was 3 days ago so perfect timing and my stepdaughter cant wait to get my old mbp lol. :D :D

16. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

As long as amazon doesn't have a physical presence in your state, you don't pay sales tax. My home state is kansas, so whenever i get something from amazon, i have to pay taxes because they ship stuff from kansas. But when i'm at school in va, i don't pay taxes :)

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

18. poky macrumors newbie

Just placed my order through Amazon, the price was 1739.99 for the low end MBP15, figure that's cheaper than the Apple edu with tax.

19. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Just an FYI, I was at my local Apple store to check the display models (none put out yet) and the sales person told me that in-store they carry the 15" i7 model with hi-res anti-glare for $2,399 ( so I'm assuming it had the 7200 rpm drive due to the extra $50) as well as the 17" i7. Si if you're looking for either of those options, resellers will probably also sell them. Might wait for Amazon to get mine now.

20. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

hmm...any legit chance of Amazon carrying an anti-glare model?

I'm dying to get an anti-glare MBP, but buying from Apple here in CA ups the cost by around $350 ($150 for the BTO option plus CA sales tax on total purchase). That is an expensive upgrade. My last macbook was purchased from Amazon, but I wasn't even interested in any BTO options at that time, so it was a non-issue.

21. rawCpoppa macrumors regular

Amazon only carries base models. No BTO options. Anti-glare is a BTO option I believe so it won't show up for sale from Amazon...however it could show up from a 3rd party seller on Amazon but in that case you might be better off just ordering from Apple direct.

22. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply. I figured as much. I was hoping somebody would prove me wrong:D Trying to save some $$$$$