Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hierobryan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
earth/jupiter
I returned my Shure SE210 heaphones; no restocking fee. I exchanged my dead pixeled iPod Touch for another; no restocking fee.

What if during Macworld 2008 Apple decides to come out with a new iPod of some sort, and I really want it? Will Apple charge me a restocking fee if I try to return my Touch for the new iPod? What if it's within (or not within) the 14 day return period? :confused:

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
What "new iPod" are you speaking of?

Apple just released the Touch not too long ago, along with the Classic and new Nano.
Don't get your hopes up.

Pathetique

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2005
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

If you return something when there's nothing wrong with the product and it's apple branded you will be charged a restocking fee if it's open.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Don't get your hopes up for a new iPod. There's no logical reason for them to waste their money releasing one until people want more. Everyone just got them for Christmas and it would cause a lot of unease in buying an iPod if they updated them so often.

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
Restocking fee is applied only on serialized products. If these products are opened and you return it within 14 days, there's a restocking fee. If you don't open it and return it within 14 days, there is no restocking fee.

It's mainly due to the fact that they have to take the product off the floor, send it back to Apple to get "refurbished" or made into parts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.