When does apple install new firmwares on devices?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by borgqueenx, Jan 29, 2014.

1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

just wondering since i like my jailbreak and ios 7.0.5 has just been released....and in 15 hours im replacing my iphone for warrenty.(yes yes it will be empty and restored when arrived)

so yeah, when does apple install new firmwares on new and or/refurbished phones?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

not anytime soon you should be good. Unless you go to an Apple store that does a lot of swap daily.

3. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

The update is only available for some models of the iPhone 5s and 5c sold in China and some European/Asia Pacific iPhone models compatible with China's networks (those that are identified as iPhone 5,4 and 6,2):

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I have read (recently) of people replacing their 5 and still having 6.x.x on it. My feeling is that replacements are shipped with whatever was the newest firmware just before shipping. From there they are never updated again, except by their future end user.

5. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

sounds good. i guess im save for less then 24 hours...just restored my iphone 5s to get the jailbreak off....now ios 7.0.5 is installed. hope for the best haha.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Did they stop signing 7.0.4? usually they don't immediately stop signing the previous firmware. (They may have done, I am just asking)

7. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816