When does Apple take money out of your credit card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JawneeWin, Sep 22, 2014.

1. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

When does Apple usually take the money from your credit card if you preordered on the 12th and picked up on the 19th?

It's been 4 days already and they didn't take my money yet.

2. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

They'll charge your card when the iphone that u ordered is ready for shipment.

3. JawneeWin thread starter macrumors 6502

I had it for pick up. I've had it since the 19th. This is strange to me because last year, they took the funds as soon as I picked it up. I even got the receipt emailed to me and everything. Maybe I should call them and let them know? Just find it weird.

4. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

5. JawneeWin thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know about that. haha
    But I picked up my case today, and the Apple Employee asked me if I was picking up my phone too. I said no, because I already picked it up. He just said that it wasn't marked as picked up, and that I could've gotten away with a free phone. I just stood there awkwardly, and he said he updated it. He said I should be charged instantly after that. I still didn't get any charges. I called my bank, and they said there were no charges at all. What's even more strange is that on the 19th, when I picked up my phone, I actually got the receipt for my purchase. Another thing I thought was weird is that... My phone didn't have a sticker with my name on it. The guy that went to the back also took about half an hour just to get my phone. O.O... This whole pre-order for me is strange compared to my 5 and 5s orders.

6. Ducatimatt macrumors newbie

Took them 7 days to charge me last time for the 5S release. So just hang in there lol but congrats on your free iPhone after the 7th day.

7. JawneeWin thread starter macrumors 6502

I told myself that I'd leave it alone for about a month or two months. Is that safe enough to assume that if nothing is taken out by then, then it's a free phone? lol

8. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Its a free phone now....lol. Could have gotten 2 free iphones....lmao !!!!

9. Bazilemac macrumors regular

AT&T still hasn't charged me for my order. everyone's system is such a mess. hope apple doesn't lose money from this. shady people can call their bank and get a new card issued and they won't be able to charge at all.

10. JawneeWin thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd be nice to have a free phone but I think I wouldn't be able to live my life knowing I technically stole something. Then again, is it really stealing of they screwed up on their side? Lol