When does AppleCare begin when you buy it with your pre-order?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bigchief, Sep 18, 2018.

1. bigchief macrumors 6502a

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

3. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

It starts the day you card is charged.

iPhone (off topic)
    Apple care + covers from the purchase date to 24 months.

Apple care + plus theft and loss starts the day you purchase it. So if you purchase AC+ T/L at day 59 after purchase, the 24 months starts in that day.

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Last year I remember it being 30 days and I bought on the 29th day. I'm I remembering wrong about it changing? Nice to know I have 59 days this year.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

You had 59 days last year too.

6. bigchief thread starter macrumors 6502a

So if you buy AppleCare with your pre-order device AppleCare starts the day it’s shipped?

7. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Yes, that is why I wait . Although unless I'm remembering wrong I didn't wait long enough last year.:D Hey Siri set a reminder in 58 days THIS YEAR.:eek:

Also not sure what the big deal is about the warranty since you will get it the next day or so.:eek:

8. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

Great question and let me tell you all about my experience. I bought an iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch and checked the dates to see when AppleCare ended. It was the day my credit card was charged. So I was looking at this:

Phone shows 9/18/20 end date instead of 9/21/20 which was date received
    Watch shows 9/15/20 end date instead of 10/8/20 which was date received (almost a month burned off before getting the device)

Between yesterday and today I've spent a bit over an hour working to get the end dates corrected to when I actually received them. It is not right that Apple starts AppleCare when your card gets charged. In fact, there is a firm looking to do a class action about this.

I did get the dates corrected and encourage everyone who buys AppleCare at pre-order time to call (don't chat - they can't help).