Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsliz89

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
california
I'm sorry but I'm just confused about this whole thing. I see lots of announcements about this product and I assumed that I can get it right now, but it is on preorder on the apple site. So when does it really ship?

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
I'm sorry but I'm just confused about this whole thing. I see lots of announcements about this product and I assumed that I can get it right now, but it is on preorder on the apple site. So when does it really ship?
There are already a lot of threads regarding this and you will see guesses from January 20 to Feb 2 to Feb 20. Take your guess too!;)

itsliz89

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
california
I just called the store 800 number and the representative told me that it should be available in January, they just don't know when.

I think that if Apple is already taking the money for iLife, they should at least have the courtesy to inform customers when they are actually going to get it.

I felt mislead too. On the iLife information page, it says UPGRADE "NOW", and I was able to "add to cart". I didn't realize that it was a preorder item until I clicked on the main store page.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
I just called the store 800 number and the representative told me that it should be available in January, they just don't know when.

I think that if Apple is already taking the money for iLife, they should at least have the courtesy to inform customers when they are actually going to get it.

I felt mislead too. On the iLife information page, it says UPGRADE "NOW", and I was able to "add to cart". I didn't realize that it was a preorder item until I clicked on the main store page.

For what it is worth (not much! :D), your credit card is not charged until the order is shipped so no money is being "taken"- they are just getting orders booked at this point.

Diaresi

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
Here in the UK my card has already been charged for iLife '09... not that I mind, but they still do charge you when you place the preorder.

gtafur

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2009
Well, according to Best Buy, it will come out on January 25th. I went to my local Best Buy and asked the associates around their Apple Store if they knew when iLife 09 was coming out. They checked on the computer and that is what they told me.. but who knows?

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Well, according to Best Buy, it will come out on January 25th. I went to my local Best Buy and asked the associates around their Apple Store if they knew when iLife 09 was coming out. They checked on the computer and that is what they told me.. but who knows?

The 25th is a Sunday so I highly doubt that - its probably just a place holder in their computer system.

gtafur

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2009
Well I recently bought a Macbook, and I already ordered my copy of iLife 09 for 10 bucks, so whenever I get it, I'll let you know. Its weird how they don't even tell you a date, but its Apple so you gotta love them! hehe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.