When does my 30 days end?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThugZilla, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ThugZilla macrumors regular

I bought my iPhone on February 24th, and I planned to only use it on AT&T for a month, then cancel my contract, part the ETF and keep my phone. Now would the 30 days end today, or tomorrow because of the 28 days in February? When should I call AT&T to cancel?

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Im pretty sure its 30 days and not a month, but you can cancel 28 days into it, it does not have to be 30 days exact.

Btw, since you are canceling they wont make you pay the extra for the phone since you are not doing the 2 year contract now?

3. pw1388 macrumors member

He will have to pay an additional $200 termination fee for killing the contract early.

4. davelanger macrumors 6502a

I think you have 30 days to decided to keep AT and T and if you opt out before the 30 days I thought they waive the $200 fee\

Service Cancellation
    You may cancel service within 30 days from the activation date to avoid the early termination fee of $175. Thereafter the fee will decrease by $5 each month for the term of the agreement. You will be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges through the termination date. AT&T will refund your activation fee, if any, if service is terminated within 3 days of activation.

You may have to return any handsets and accessories purchased with the service before your account will be cancelled. If you are allowed to cancel service within the 30 day return period, but do not return the equipment within the return period, AT&T may charge you an amount equal to or up to the full retail price of the equipment.

If you paid a security deposit, it will take 1 to 2 billing cycles to process the return of the security deposit. The charges for service used on the account before the service termination date will be applied against the security deposit.

5. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, the phone will end up costing me $225, I got the phone for free at bestbuy, and I paid $50 for the first month, and I'm going to have to pay $175 ETF.

6. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

No extras besides the usage and the $175 ETF.

Dave

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes, but you must return the phone if you cancel before 30 days have passed.

8. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

Now lets get to the point lol. Does the 30 days end today, tomorrow, or Friday?

9. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

If you cancel within 30 days they prorate it and you don't have to pay the $175 ETF. :rolleyes:

Now lets see.. How about you pull out a calender and start counting days from the 24th.. here I will help: 25th is day 1, 26th is day 2, 27th is day 3 etc...

On a side note... why would you want to use a "free" (free iPhone from best buy=stolen) iPhone on AT&T for one month and then cancel it. You make no sense whatsoever.

10. aok1975 macrumors 6502

how can you pay $50 for the first month, the cheapest iphone plan is $70

11. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

I cancelled the data plan.

12. davelanger macrumors 6502a

I thought you have to have a data plan with the iphone? Unless you are paying by bit used

13. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

I unlocked the phone the first day I got it because I'm on Tmobile. I called AT&T from my old unlocked Razr, said I gave the iPhone to a friend, and asked them to cancel the data plan, and they did.

14. aok1975 macrumors 6502

clever

15. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Why would bestbuy give you an iphone?

16. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

They didn't give me one, I got it during the week of $100 iPhone 3G 8GB for silver reward zone members. I also had $100 in reward zone certificates and giftcards.

17. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

So it wasn't free.... :rolleyes: I still don't get why you would put it on AT&T for a month and throw money away..

18. bigchief macrumors 6502a

So who paid the total cost (over the $175 that you paid)for the iphone. BestBuy or AT&T. Somebody lost out.

19. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

So I can keep the phone, and use it on Tmobile? Even if you don't count the certificates and giftcards, it costs me $325, not bad for a brand new iPhone 3G.

What do you mean?

20. bigchief macrumors 6502a

An iphone cost more than the $175 you have invested and the $100 BestBuy gave you. I just hope you read the fine print on the document you sign when you got your "free iphone" from Bestbuy.

21. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

22. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

March 26th is actually the OP's 30th day, so OP you could cancel your contract and pay the ETF in order to keep the iPhone by March 27th (Friday) unless I counted wrong :eek:

23. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Pretty cool; and finally getting T-Mobile on top of it......:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

24. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think you understand. I bought my iPhone when BestBuy had the special promotion for reward zone members that regular reward zone members can get the iPhone for $150 with a 2 year contract, and silver reward zone members could've gotten it for $100 with a 2 year contract. I am a silver reward zone member, and I had $100 in reward zone certificates, so the phone itself ended up costing me $0, BUT I'm on a Tmobile family plan, so I unlocked the iPhone, and am using it on Tmobile. All I have to pay for now is the $175 early termination fee, and $50 for the first month of service. With AT&T if you cancel your iPhone contract after 30 days, you pay the ETF, and keep the phone, if you cancel before 30 days, AT&T waives the ETF, but you have to give the phone back.

I'll probably just cancel on Saturday the 28th to be sure.

25. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular