When does O2 UK exclusivity end? & will it be available on other networks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by julianna1973, Apr 17, 2009.

1. julianna1973 macrumors 6502

julianna1973

I do love the iphone & i dont mind O2 but the network can be patchy, although my hubby is now using my 2g iphone, we got it unlocked & he is using his vodafone sim in it & we have noticed his network is patchy now too, where it wasnt with his nokia, so we are thinking its more of an iphone problem?
    Why & how can that be?

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Depending on their circuits, component layout etc, all RF receiving gear like mobile 'phones, have different sensitivities which can vary between manufacturers and models. Some time ago, details of RF sensitivity used to be quoted in the 'phones specifications but this seems to have stopped now.

Nokia always had a good reputation in this respect and from what I've read, it's not one of the iPhone's strongest points!

3. steve10172 macrumors member

I have not come across any concrete evidence that O2 is giving up iPhone.
    I don`t think anyone knows for sure yet.

4. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

I dont mean O2 give up the iphone but maybe it will be available on more networks so people can choose???

Personally i liked when i was with Tmobile, which i left just before i took the first iPhone! Luckily for me, Tmobile werent giving me a good incentive to sign on a new contract so i went to O2!

5. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

I'd imagine if the network exclusivity were to stripped from O2, then chances are, it would happen when a new phone is released.

If that were the case, then nothing would happen for 9 months from now, so that those who love their iPhones like me would be able to switch to an awesome network (VODAFONE) when the new phone came out, as most people will be on the 18-month contract with O2.