When does one pay for a 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hakr100, Oct 7, 2011.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

I hate to pay for stuff before it is actually shipped, so, if I order an iPhone 4s through Verizon, my current carrier, will it just add the charges to my bill, or will I have to upfront the bucks via credit card and wait for shipment?

2. Codepiink macrumors regular

I'm more than positive that you are charged only when it is about to be shipped. I have not had a charge to my credit card and I ordered early this morning. I also receive email alerts immediately from my credit card company whenever I am charged and I have not received any email yet. I also ordered through Verizon, as a new customer.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Apple.com charged me within a few minutes of my pre-order as they did last year. It might come back to the account and then when it's shipped it will be taken out again...:cool:

4. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

Apple preauthorizes or holds the amount rather than charging. It usually takes up to a week for a hold to drop off of your credit or debit card.

5. emaja macrumors 68000

Typically, their will be an authorization granted when you put through the purchase, but it will only post to your account upon shipment.