When does the Back to School special usually begin?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BenLeong, Apr 8, 2010.

1. BenLeong macrumors member

Just curious what the trend's been so that I can have an idea for this year.

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Seatte? UW? If you ask the guys in the tech center they'll know. Make sure you ask one of the guys, typically the girls are left in the dark ("let me find that out for you. Dunno. back to wha??")

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I love unnecessary gender stereotyping.

4. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Right around july/August when school is starting up

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I take it you've never been there. I know the staff personally. The girls are usually left in the dark about promotions because only a couple of the guys keep track of that stuff. So if op wants to save some time ^^.

6. mooshroom macrumors newbie

7. DaWooster macrumors member

For the USA

2009 - Wednesday, May 27th

2008 - Tuesday, June 3rd

2007 - Tuesday, June 5th

The promo won't start for another 2 months from today.

Promo last year gave access to a free iPod Touch, or an iPod Nano. You are allowed upgrade to a higher capacity iPod Touch with the rebate on the 8 Gig iPod Touch. Don't know about the iPod Nano.

I'd also keep an eye on the iPad; if Apple wants to push it into the education market, that's the event they'd pull it off in.

Last year the deal ended on September 8th. New iPods introduced on September 9th.

8. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

There was also a free printer and educational discount on top of the free ipod last year.
    As far as the ipods though, you could buy any ipod you want, but the most the rebate was for was $229 (the price of the 2nd gen ipod touch). If you got an ipod which cost less, your rebate amount was for the pre-tax amount of the ipod.

9. Eltorero macrumors newbie

I am SO MUCH hoping for that!

10. ammusk macrumors regular

Me too. But I'll just resell mine.

11. nickjf20 macrumors member

Uk

Hi,
    Does anyone know the history of this offer in the UK ???
    And ive heard uni discounts get 3 years parts and labour, does this still apply today in the uk ??

tibook still running well
    posted from a windows phone :O

12. DaWooster macrumors member

UK

2009 - May 28th

2008 - August 4th

2007 - Can't find any reliable data, but it appears to have been mid September until October?

This should also be helpful.

13. Smarterchild macrumors member

How or when will this promotion will be announced?

will it be posted on this website?

14. Groat macrumors member

Is it applicable to anyone who has the educational discount?

15. Hazyb71 macrumors member

Do you guys think there is a real chance we would get free iPads for the back to school sale?

16. Smarterchild macrumors member

No, Maybe 200 dollars off? But i dont believe so. Maybe if you buy a 12,000 Mac Pro. My friend had to pay 50$ extra for an 120gb Ipod when he got his mac.

17. mc751n macrumors member

Here's a question, does Apple actually check that you're a student? I know in the store they as for a student ID and online you only have to select your university, but what if you're a recent graduate that still has a student ID?

18. crobbins macrumors 6502

From my understanding it is based on the honor system. I'm sure, if you wanted to, you could easily take your student ID in and still get the discount. A friend of mine did it multiple times. There is suppose to be a limit on the number of desktops and laptops you buy each year (1), but from what an Apple Employee even told me once, they do not keep track.

19. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

I don't mind going out on a limb and saying there's no way they're going to start handing out iPads. They may, at a push, offer a discount on one - although even that, I feel, is unlikely. Especially considering these things are selling dambusters.