When does the credit card charge occur?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by newtoiphonesdk, May 5, 2015.

1. newtoiphonesdk macrumors 6502a

I ordered a 42mm SS BSB on 4/27 from Texas, and it just says Processing.

My question is around when I should expect my card to be charged? Will it be charged once I'm given a date range for shipment, or will it wait to be charged until it actually changes to Prepared for Shipment?

2. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

It will wait before shipment. I ordered mine on 4/21 with delivery of 5/14 - 5/21. No charge yet

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You get charged when it ships. Even if it says processing, if you get charged, it has shipped and the status is just not showing that yet.

4. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

My wife's watch charged and shipped same day or shipped the following. Can't remember which

5. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I originally had the "4-6weeks (Delivery May 13 - May 27th) Pre-Order" time frame. I ordered a 38mm SS w/ Milanese Loop around 4 hrs after pre orders began.

My credit card was charged sometime early morning on April 27th. Then at around 10am, my status changed to "Preparing for shipment." It changed to "Shipping" at around noon.

I received the watch the next day (April 28th) at around noon.

6. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Was the date range thing just for pre-orders, or will mine eventually change to give me a better idea than just June

7. rossy100 macrumors regular

My wife's SS WSB didn't get charged to the card until about 5 days after it was received on 24th! Couldn't see any pending charges either during that time.

Having a charge is certainly a good sign that shipping is imminent....... but likewise having no charge certainly isn't a bad sign - I guess it depends on the card provider and how long they take to process/show charges!