when does the year start for you?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furcalchick, Jun 24, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

this is similar to the question i posed a few weeks back of summer being a thing of the past.

watching tv the last few days or so got me thinking, most of the media treat the summer as the dead time where nothing happens and that it is nothing of noting that happens in those three months. it feels like that as soon as spring is over, we should just look ahead to the fall and the "new year", as we start fresh.

and in florida, nothing of note really happens here, as most of the people go home for the summer, and when previously i loved summer, i always hoped summer would end and we get to fall so stuff starts happening again, as it seemed like it was the big season to release everything.

being in school so long and everything, i would say i still think fall is when my year starts, but it's slowly moving to spring as it's the season when baseball starts and everything.

many people say the year truly starts for them at different times, the most common being fall, new years and spring. i just want to get your thoughts on this.

2. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I find it easier not to look at a year as a season. It's just a continuous cycle of going through the months.

I've noticed that since I got a F/T job all the days and weeks all blend into one, thus leaving no concept of time. With the exception of course for Friday :p

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

First week of September

All the new kids in school, new academic year. etc etc.
    Can you tell I hae been in University too long when I even work there...

4. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Living in Florida as well, I'd have to agree that I spend most of the flat summer looking forward to hurricanes later this fall. Although this year we've had a few early surfprises, :p (Anna + Barry) I look forward to late August - early September too.:)

5. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Only exciting things to happen there?

6. Vivan macrumors newbie

Mine starts in September, though I know some schools start in January.

7. iRachel macrumors 6502a

Last week of August (I, like Leareth, have been at the university too long.)

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

My new year starts with summer. I can finally relax a bit, no school. Everyone is off as well, and we can finally do fun things.

9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Am I the only one who acknowledges January 1st as the start of the new year? :p

10. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

11. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

First day of the Fall Semester is what really starts my year off...

12. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Around February, the first day of the school year is when my year really starts. The day before however, is when the previous year ends.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

September, when I started school/college/uni. But since thats all over now it'll probably change to the traditional Jan 1st.

14. wingsky macrumors member

1st June.

The day I finish paying off my income tax for the year and the REST IS ALL MINE :cool:

15. IBobby macrumors regular

IBobby

I don't have a start of the year :( Its just an endless loop of work havok and more work... lol man do i wish i was still a young kid with no responsibility no worries in the world :D

16. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

I've been so conditioned by the academic calendar that even though I've graduated, the year still begins in September. My agendas are August through September.