Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlf1187

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
Does anyone actually know roughly when Apple plans to put Merom chips into the MBP?

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Tomorrow :rolleyes:

Ok, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. NOBODY here knows Apple's plans. Only a handful of people at APPLE know when things are going to be released. Coming to rumor sites expecting somebody to know cold, hard facts...is silly at best. Though...you could do some research and conclude that sometime in late August or September when EVERY OTHER Merom notebook is coming out seems about right.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
sometime between now and the end of september. really know one but Steve knows.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
September 9th.

...in all seriousness, though, I hope they don't adopt Merom until they have enough processors in stock. To be sure, the Yonah processors in the MacBook Pro are basically good enough for 90% of the potential MacBook Pro customers out there - it's not a deal breaker - so they shouldn't announce it now and force people (college students in particular) to wait until September to receive them.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
They should stock TONS up, so shipping is quick 1-3 day stuff.. or release also put a Conroe into a iMac, so Apple has more Meroms to go into the Macs that need it(Mac Mini, MacBook and MacBook Pro)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.