When First Opening your Iphone. BATTERY LIFE STEPS.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YErakat, Jul 11, 2010.

1. YErakat macrumors member

Hello. When FIRST opening your IP4, what's the best steps to take to ensure you are going to get the most out of your battery life.

Is it:

- Let it drain all the way, charge it all the way.
    OR
    - Charge it all the way, let it drain all the way.

Tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Your phone came with a state of the art tool that goes over this. Its called a manual.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Charge it too 100%, let it drain until it shuts itself down, recharge to 100%, keep plugged in for an additional hour or so, repeat. You are now calibrated. Let it run down to 0% once a month or so.

4. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

What is the quickest way to completely drain the battery?

5. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Turn all your services on, 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-fi, etc. Screen brightness and volume to the max. Play music in the background and use maps to track your location at the same time.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You don’t need to drain it all the way or charge it to 100% when you get the phone. Just use it normally and charge it before it goes dead. If you ever find the battery meter seems off, then discharge it and charge it to 100% (this is called calibrating).

7. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

There really is no need to do all this. Use your phone and enjoy it. Not sure what's worse, burning in your phone battery or burning in your new plasma. :rolleyes:

8. twigg macrumors member

There is no need to do that, these are lithium ion batteries not Nickelmetc batteries. Draining lithium batteries all the way down actually hurts them (as does constant charging) although calibrating it once a month actually helps.

9. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

As others have said, it doesn't really matter anymore with today's modern batteries, when I got mine, I used it straight out of the box for about 3 hours, by that point it was down to about 40% then I stuck it on charge and charged it to 100% and for the last 2 weeks of owing it I have just stuck it on charge whenever I'm at my PC sometimes that's for 10 minutes and it only charges a few % and sometimes it's for a few hours, I never let it die and then charge it to 100% anyway and it's not done my battery any harm

10. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

I noticed for the first week, my battery life wasn't great. But it drastically improved after having the phone for a week.

11. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08