when getting a Direct Fullfillment order...do you pay on the spot?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stateofmind, Jul 18, 2008.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

Or do you reserve one and when it comes to the ATT store you can pay for it? I ask because I dont want to DF one and see I can get it from an Apple Store the next day.

2. diabolic macrumors 68000

3. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

do they process the payment a couple of hours after you place the order or once it ships?

If it is done after the phone is shipped, I can easil block it through my Credit Card company, correct?

4. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Huh what is your point. I'm sure they put a hold on your card for the amount when you purchase it.

5. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Ummm... they charge the card the full amount when you order the phone. It will be pending until the phone is shipped then it will turn into a charge on your credit card. But the money will be held......... So theres no way you can get a free phone. And also the phone is shipped to an at&t store they will automatically ask you for another form of payment if you do a charge back.

6. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

Noooo I dont want to cheat them out of a phone. What im saying is, if I place a DF order and the next day I find out I can get one right away from the Apple Store, I would cancel my DF order

7. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Oh well depending some cards will release the money after its been held for 5 day I think, and some will wait until at&t releases the hold charge on your account. But what I have been reading on other threads once you place a df Your no longer eligible for a upgrade when you go to the apple store. You would need them to cancel your order first.